It is important to be stable and to understand your needs, especially when it comes to sexual attraction so that you can improve your life.
However, more and more women, nowadays, have decreased libido due to numerous reasons, including job stress, declining hormones, relationship issues, and many more.
In medical terms, this particular problem is known as a hypoactive sexual desire disorder, and it is a common sexual dysfunction that happens to women of all ages.
Check here to learn more about this particular condition.
According to one research, at least one-third of adult women suffer from this particular problem. At the same time, that does not happen due to their inability to enjoy with a partner.
When compared with erectile dysfunction, which is ordinary people’s sexual problem, women experience low sex drive due to both physical and mental factors that are not as simple so that you can take a pill to cure it.
Generally, psychology states that women’s sexuality is complicated and multifaceted, even though we enjoy simplifying everything, especially the sexuality and desires we sense.
Let us start from the beginning.
Everything You Should Know About Low Sexual Desire
When compared with general statements, sexual satisfaction and desire do not have anything to do with the frequency of sexual intercourse. We cannot generalize and say that this is good, while that is terrible sexual behavior and rate.
The sexual perspective is the intimate idea between partners, so creating a balance is essential for a healthy relationship. The common problem starts when women start to experience a low sex drive, which is something that causes distress to both partners.
Sex drive or low libido are symptoms that lead to losing sexual desires because these are biological components that reflect our interests, including daydreams, fantasies, and thoughts we experience.
The body has its way of showing that you want to be sexual, and that does not mean that you will always act on it, but the drive will remain there.
Of course, this particular feeling tends to decline with age, but the desire is not just a drive. It is a combination of psychological and interpersonal factors that create the idea that we enjoy being sexual even when we do not have it.
Apart from being excited, sex is the form of intimacy, especially in a meaningful relationship.
The main reasons why women tend to lose sexual desire are:
- Relationship Issues – If you lack emotional satisfaction with the partner, you cannot connect, or your partner has performance issues, that could decrease overall sexual desire.
- Sociocultural Reasons – Other issues involve media images of sexuality, peer pressure, and job stress that could also lead to a lack of sexual desire.
- Medical Issues – Experiencing mental illness such as depression or other medical conditions, including thyroid disorder, fibroids, or endometriosis, could lead to low sexual desire both physically and mentally.
- Low Testosterone – Remember that this particular hormone affects sexual drive in both women and men. Therefore, you should know that testosterone levels tend to peak when women are in their mid-20s, and then start to decline until they reach menopause.
- Age – We have mentioned above that the desire is also affected by aging symptoms because the levels of androgens tend to fall as time goes by.
- Medications – Consuming blood pressure drugs, antidepressants, as well as oral contraceptives, can lead to low sexual drive in women because they tend to decrease testosterone levels as well as blood flow.
Steps for Fight the Loss
When compared with erectile dysfunction that requires a single pill, loss of sexual desire in women depends on both psychological and physical factors. Therefore, it is crucial to understand the context and to use various treatment methods to handle the issue.
The easiest way to understand the process you should follow is by entering this site: https://www.webmd.com/women/features/when-desire-dies-bringing-your-sex-drive-back-life.
As soon as you determine all factors that affect sexual desire, you can implement various options, including:
- Sex Therapy – Therapy is an effective way to improve your mental blockages that happen after the inability to reach the desired feeling. Remember that dysfunction affects both parties, so you should discuss together with psychologists and therapists to reduce the stress levels and learn how to cope with the treatment.
- Addressing Medical Conditions – We have mentioned above that numerous problems could lead to low sexual desire, which means that you should handle the underlying condition you have such as fibroids by using meds and other relevant treatments.